Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

In case you have not heard, there is a hurricane headed for south of Houston. We are going to try and ride it out. I don;t think we will get the bad stuff, just rain and wind. If the power goes out, and we just can't seem to function, we will head to Arlington.

This is a new experience for us. We came from West Texas, ie no rain or moisture of any kind most of the time. Here it's humid most of the time, can have rain for days at a time and oh yeah--Hurricanes. Dolly wasn't bad, just rain. Edouard we didn't get anything, Gustav, nothing. Now Ike. We'll see how this one goes.

Shannon and I are both out of school Friday, and I also get Monday off. Shannon has to go if the power is still on.

We are both really enjoying our jobs. NO FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. That has been great. I know Shannon doesn't miss it, but I do a little. I'm not through with band, but I really am enjoying orchestra. It's a different type of kid.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

are you okay????

Lauren said...

Hey, can y'all send me an email with your new email addresses? thanks!!

~L :)