Wednesday, July 30, 2008

20 Reasons Why Elementary Music is BETTER than Band

Now that I have more time, I thought I'd count the reasons why being an elementary music teacher is WAY better than being a band director (even though I don't know what I'm doing yet):

1. No more summer camps with colorguard.
2. No more writing routines during the summers.
3. No more sectionals after school.
4. No more flag practices on Wednesday afternoons!
5. No more being at school at 7 AM (unless I WANT to).
6. No more staying at school until 9 or 10 PM (and I WON'T be either).
7. No more trying to keep the peace between 27 teenage girls.
8. No more Monday night rehearsals.
9. No more trying to decipher drill charts.
10. No more fitting band uniforms.
11. No more SUMMER BAND!!!
12. No more band class during the hottest part of the day -- NOON!
13. No more riding buses to out-of-town football games.
14. Oh, and no more FOOTBALL games!!
15. No more working on the weekends.
16. No more giving up weekends for contests.
17. No more travelling between 3 schools to teach 5 classes. (I get to stay put now.)
18. No more trying to get along with 3 other directors (my husband included).
19. No more following someone else's orders (unless it's my principal's).
20. And finally, I get to do what I want to do when I want to do it!

4 comments:

Harmony said...

You are going to be so much more relaxed this year. I'm so happy for you.

Lauren said...

I finally caught up with your blog. The apartment looks awesome. The job sounds amazing. It seems as though this year will be much better than last year, at least for Shannon. I am soooo happy for the two of you. We miss you and cannot wait until we get to see you again. Never forget that a family in Big Spring love you.
Scott :)

Harmony said...

How was the first day of school?

Terri said...

Ditto Harmony's question.... been wondering how you both are liking it so far....