Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 25, 1997

Reuben and I have truly been blessed throughout this whole ordeal, but I wanted to stop and take a few minutes to remember someone very special to me. Eleven years ago on July 25th, my Mom passed away from cancer after a seven year battle. That has affected me greatly every day since. She was my comfort, someone I knew I could always go to. She loved Shelly and me more than anything. She always made time to come see us in San Angelo at school and to come see us play. She loved hearing us play our flutes, especially when we were doing it together. Even in her last few months while she was having holistic treatments in San Antonio, she came down to hear my last recital. She was very special.
Reuben got to meet her; I am thankful for that. He was able to see how wonderful and loving and special she was. Unfortunately she did not see us get married.

I hope that she would be proud of the things we have accomplished. However, I know she wouldn't haved liked us moving so far away! She always liked to come see us.

But I know she's in a better place and I'll see her again one day. I know she's taking care of our other loved ones who are with her.

I love you Mom, and I miss you every day.

Shelly, Mom, and me--I don't know who's who or when it was taken, but I thought it was a good picture.


Mom holding the two of us. My dad's mom, Grandma Chrisman was a twin, too. I have this picture and one of my great-grandma holding Grandma and Great Aunt Sonoma together.



This is of Great Grandma Jurecek (Grannie's mom) Grannie, Mom and us.


This last one is of Mom when she was in her early twenties. Wasn't she pretty? Reuben thinks I look more like her than Shelly does. I hope so!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great pictures! You and Shelly are so cute in that top one :) Your mom was a beautiful lady; thanks for sharing her with us.